MyShopsy is a platform that helps creative South African entrepreneurs sell more of their products online.
You can create your very own eCommerce website with MyShopsy, that is customizable. Your products are also featured in the MyShopsy marketplace, which gives you additional exposure to an online audience.
You can learn more on getting started as a vendor on MyShopsy.
We have 12 main categories on MyShopsy. They are: Arts & Crafts, Beauty, Clothing, Health, Food, Gift Ideas, Handmade, Home & Furnishings, Jewelry, Kids & Baby, Digital and Vintage.
We might expand on these main categories as the marketplace expands with products and create sub categories in the future.
We are looking for authentic & unique products that will create an appeal to potential buyers that browse the MyShopsy online marketplace.
All new vendor applications will be screened to make sure the vendor is a legit seller and have authentic & unique products to sell via the marketplace.
If you are selling food items they need to be non-perishable food products that can be easily couriered.
MyShopsy is for authentic & unique products. You may not sell anything that does not fit into the 12 main categories. We do not allow resellers or mass-produced products on MyShopsy.
Here is a list of other prohibited items on MyShopsy, even though they could potentially fit into one of our main categories:
- Adult material, erotica, or pornography inclusive of any material unsuitable for children under the age of 18
- Any item or service that violates applicable local, state, federal, or international law in regard to manufacturing, distributing, advertising, or transporting said item
- Any item that which in whole or in part is subject to a recall
- Any product or service that MyShopsy determines to be inappropriate, harmful, fraudulent, or illegal
- Dangerous Chemicals
- Stolen Items
- Harmful, harassing, intimidating or defamatory materials, products or items
- Hazardous materials, products, or items
- Illegal, counterfeit or contraband items of any sort
- Items, materials or products that are copyrighted, trademarked or patented by another party
- items not in your possession or items you don’t intend to deliver
- Items or products that carry or transmit hidden code or signals with the intention of causing harm or tracking personal or transactional information of any sort
- Ivory or animal products from endangered species collected illegally
- Mass produced electronics
- Misrepresented items or products
- Motor vehicles, or parts for motor vehicles or recreational vehicles
- Personal data or information
- Pirated materials
- Prostitution or other similar services
- Protected antiquities
- Real estate
- Replica items, including designer items
We pride ourselves on having simple, affordable and fair pricing for our sellers.
When you sell on MyShopsy, you can enjoy the freedom of not paying any listing fees for each product you list. MyShopsy doesn’t charge a commission fee on your sales either, so you get to keep 100% of your profits (minus normal processing fees of 5.0%).
MyShopsy has a 30 day free trail so that you can test out the system and then you will need to choose either a monthly subscription or annual once-off package with some savings. Here are our plan options:
- Free Trial – (free/30 days) you get – Online eCommerce store, 1 product, 24/7 support, Create discount codes, Professional stats & reports, Processing fees 5.0%.
- 30 Days Access – (R180/30 Days) you get – Online eCommerce store, Unlimited products, 24/7 support, Create discount codes, Professional stats & reports, Processing fees 5.0%.
- 180 Days Access (R900/180 Days) you get – Online eCommerce store, Unlimited products, 24/7 support, Create discount codes, Professional stats & reports, Processing fees 5.0%, 30 Days Free. Save R180.00
- 365 Days Access (R1800/365 Days) you get – Online eCommerce store, Unlimited products, 24/7 support, Create discount codes, Professional stats & reports, Processing fees 5.0%, 60 Days Free. Save R360.00
You can see a detailed breakdown of each of our plans, here.
You can upgrade and downgrade your accounts at any time, plus you can cancel at any time. There’s no lock-in contracts.
We have a couple of easy options for accepting payments from your customers.
When you make a sale on MyShopsy, we collect the payments on your behalf and we will then EFT you payments on the 15th & 30th of every month.
At this time we only accept South African citizens applications to create a vendor account on the MyShopsy online marketplace.
Getting started with MyShopsy
Firstly, welcome! 👋 We’re so glad you’ve joined MyShopsy and are excited about helping you to build your online brand and reach more customers.
We’ve already covered “What is MyShopsy?“, so this help guide is all about where to get started as a brand new seller on MyShopsy.
You will need to first register as a vendor with MyShopsy and you will find the registration page by either clicking on the Register/Login link in top menu or the user 👤 icon. Refer to the screenshot below.
Once on the Register/Login page you will need to select the I am a vendor option which will expand the vendor form.
You will need to complete the vendor form by filling out all the required fields.
- Please provide a username for login purchases.
- Email address that will be used to be notified when a item is bought from your online store and to be in contact with your clients.
- Provide your first name and surname.
- The shop name you would like to call your online store, when you put a name into the shop name field it will indicate if the name is available to be used as a store name and will show you what your store website link will look like eg: https://www.myshopsy.co.za/store/storename
- A phone number that you will be available to be contacted on.
- Confirm that you have read the terms and conditions by clicking on the check box.
- Then select one of the subscription packs you will be signing up for by using the drop down arrow.
- By clicking on the register button you will be registered as a vendor on the MyShopsy website.
To get to your MyShopsy store’s dashboard, simply:
- Click the Register/Login link in the top menu bar of the site.
- Then use the Login section on the left site of the page.
Once you have logged-in you will be taken to your vendor dashboard area which will look like the screenshot below.
To get back to your store dashboard or user profile you can click on the profile pic which is shown in the below screenshot with a red arrow, where you can then either click on the manage your shop or edit your profile links.
Once you have logged into your vendor store account you will land on your store front admin dashboard which will present to you some stats.
The first thing you will need to do is go to the settings section and complete all your basic store details which will include the following:
- Add a store banner 1900px by 300px in size.
- Add a profile pic (logo of business).
- Address of business or local pickup address.
- Add a terms and conditions. Example shipping & refund policy.
To receive funds that were made on purchases of your items you have listed you will need to add your banking details in the payment section on the settings section of your vendor account to receive payouts.
Please take note: When you make a sale on MyShopsy, we collect the payments on your behalf and we will then EFT you payments on the 15th & 30th of every month.
In order to courier your products to your customers that buy your products via your store on MyShopsy, you will need to setup your stores shipping rules. You can access the shipping page under the settings section of your vendor account.
You will be able to add a shipping and refund policy that will be shown on each product page by clicking on the gear icon ⚙️
You can add delivery options which include Local Pickup, Free Shipping and flat rates.
(Please take note delivery is restricted to South Africa at this moment in time.)
Currently there are 3 ways you can setup delivery of items they are:
The buyer will have an option to select to pickup their purchased items from a physical pickup location like a business location.
Example: Set a once-off delivery amount on all purchased items of R100.00 or set a formula to set a base amount of R100.00 on the first item and there-after R25.00 for each additional item added.
You can build your delivery cost into your items pricing and set the free delivery option or set a maximum spend limit before they get the items they ordered delivered for free.
(More deliver rate options will be come available in the near future)
Currently we do not offer the digital products download facility but may introduce this in the future if there becomes a demand for this feature.
To make your online store become more discoverable on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. You will need to add a title of your business up-to 60 characters in length, add a description of what you are selling via your online store up-to 160 characters long and add a few keywords that prospective buyers would type into search engines.
Example: If you sell boutique hats you would use keywords such as boutique hats, boutique hats for women, boutique hats for weddings.
You can access your Store SEO screen under the settings section of your vendor account.
When you make a sale on MyShopsy, we’ll send you an email to let you know. The subject line will be: “Congratulations, you’ve just made a sale on MyShopsy! (Order number: #)”
If you’ve made a sale and you didn’t receive this email, please let us know as we’ll need to make sure our emails are getting delivered to you properly.
Some products require time to make and sometimes you’re away from your store for a few days and you can’t risk losing sales by putting it in Vacation Mode. In this case, you should set delivery time expectations with your customers.
There’s 2 low-touch ways you can communicate well with your buyers to help set their expectations and avoid disappointment.
- Add this information to the end of your product listing descriptions.
- Change your store’s “Thank You Message”. This is the message that is sent to every buyer in their purchase confirmation email. You can edit this content via your store’s admin panel. Simply click on “General” (bottom-left) and then click on the “Thank You Message” tab.
Our integration with SnapScan will enable you to accept credit cards and debit cards seamlessly within the checkout process of your MyShopsy store.
Users never have to enter their card details online so using SnapScan which makes for a safer customer purchasing experience.
For more info on SnapScan and what it has to offer you can click on the link.
If you’re going on vacation (lucky you!), participating in your local weekend markets, or a multitude of other reasons, it’s sometimes helpful to be able to put your store on “pause”.
Vacation Mode allows you to do just that.
When your store is in Vacation Mode, your items are removed from your MyShopsy marketplace store and from the “SHOP” page of your website. We’ve kept the products showing on your website’s homepage so that it doesn’t look completely blank and abandoned. Products are also removed from MyShopsy’s marketplace search results. However, if someone has a direct link to one of your items, either from finding them on Google or social media etc, they’ll still be able to view your product. Don’t worry though, no products will be able to be purchases whilst your store is in Vacation Mode.
Whilst in Vacation Mode, you’ll still be able to edit your products and manage all aspects of your shop.
By default, your products are ordered by “most recently listed”.
If you want to put your most popular products at the front of your store, or simply want to have control over the layout, you can do that with our Rearrange Your Store feature.
Coupon codes are a great way to drive up sales.
With MyShopsy, you can create the following coupon codes to give a customer:
- Free shipping
- A percentage off their purchase
- A fixed price discount (E.g. R25 off)
With Sales Mode you can quickly and easily discount the items in your store by a given percentage. Shipping will not be discounted as part of your sale, however, you can include ‘free shipping’ to your selected destinations if you wish.
Items in Sales Mode will gain extra exposure in the MyShopsy marketplace search results too!
When you make a sale on MyShopsy, we’ll notify you via email. That email has all the information you’ll need about your customer, to pack and ship your order. However, you may wish to sign in to MyShopsy for further order management capabilities.
All of your orders, both from your website and the MyShopsy marketplace store, can be found on the “Orders” page in your store’s admin panel.
You’ll see an order card for each order, which looks like this:
You can cancel the entire order OR you can cancel certain items within that order.
To do so:
1. Go to your “Orders” page and select “Cancel Transaction” from the Actions dropdown.
2. You’ll be taken to a page where you can select which items you’d like to cancel from the order. If you need to cancel the whole order, “select all”.
3. Select a reason for canceling from the dropdown and enter a message to the buyer.
NOTE: An email confirming the cancellation will be sent to your buyer along with your message.
You’ll be able to keep track of your canceled orders via the “Canceled” tab on your Orders page.
You’ll be responsible for taking care of any refunds required due to the cancellation of the order.
Managing your MyShopsy account
We currently don’t have an easy way for you to change your store name.
If you’ve signed up and having store name regret, or simply made a typo, here’s what you need to do to change your store name:
- Whilst sign in to your account, go to www.myshopsy.co.za/my-account. It’s important that you stay signed in to your account as you’ll want to keep the same account details (such as the same account email address).
- Register for your new store name. If you previously opted for a paid plan, register for the paid plan again. Don’t worry, we’ll organize all of the refunds for the store you don’t want.
- Once you’ve setup your new store with the correct name, you’ll want to close the store that’s no longer needed. Here’s how to do that.
- If you need any refunds processed for the paid plan store that you’ve just closed, just contact us to let us know and we’ll get that sorted for you right away.
If you’ve already set up your store and listed a bunch of products in it, then your store name process is going to be a lot more painful. 😬
You’ll need to follow the same steps above, plus you’ll want to export your products using our export tool. Go to “General” then “Export Data”. Then, click on “Download CSV” button for the products you have listed.
To upgrade or downgrade your account, simply head to www.myshopsy.co.za/upgrade (despite the URL wording, you can also downgrade from this page too).
If you’re looking to open another store on MyShopsy, we have great news! On MyShopsy, you can manage multiple stores from the one account. No need to sign out and in to manage multiple stores. 😁
To open another store, whilst signed into your current account, simply go to www.myshopsy.co.za/my-account and follow the same procedure to open your store as you already have.
Then, to manage your store’s, you can simply click on the “Your Stores” dropdown at the top of MyShopsy.
If your payment information has changed since you first signed up to MyShopsy, then you’ll need to update it in order for us to process your subscription properly.
How to update your payment information
To update your payment information:
1. Go to “General” (bottom-left nav in your admin panel)
2. Click on “Account” tab (far right)
3. Scroll down and click on “Update payment details” button
If your subscription was canceled because your subscription payment failed due to changed details, then you’ll need to update your payment information, then re-upgrade by going to www.myshopsy.co.za/upgrade.
Sometimes a MyShopsy subscription can be cancelled due to your bank mistakenly marking it as a fraudulent transaction. If you suspect that’s what happened, simply contact your bank and they’ll lift the block. Then, head to www.myshopsy.co.za/upgrade to re-upgrade your account.
Often a subscription is unexpectedly canceled because your payment details are no longer valid. For example, your credit card expired or you have a new card. If that’s the case, you’ll need to update your payment details and then re-upgrade. Here’s how to update your payment details.